skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Nathan wants me let everyone know that it did not take nearly a month for him to build our new deck... Rather it's taken me that long to write about it! He wants you all to know that he completed the deck in four full days. What a guy! :) So anyway, the next part of the deck was framing it out. Some precise measuring went into this part and as always, Ainsley was happy to help in any way she could.
Next came nailing the decking material onto the frame. Gavin appears to be the helper on this part maybe it's because Nathan was using power tools. :) We used composite decking material instead of wood so we'll never have to re-stain it again. Suh-weet! The weather on this particular Saturday was crazy for March 31st. The temperature got up to 80 degrees and I got a sunburn for the first time in about 10 years because I forgot to put sunscreen on the back of my neck.
I like to be helpful when Nathan is outside working on a project but he usually won't let me help so I amused myself by planting some blackberry bushes to go along with the raspberries I planted a couple of years ago. It took me a very long time because I couldn't ask for Nathan to help me pull up the grass and dig the holes and evidently I am not heavy enough to get the big shovel to do anything. I did this all with my little garden trowel which I have dubbed "super shovel" because it is awesome.
The brochure for our deck plans said this deck could be built in a weekend. I think that was exaggerating just a bit but I am very proud of how hard Nathan worked and am in awe of his ability to get the whole thing done with no help. Isn't it beautiful? He did a great job and I can't wait to spend some quality time out there on my new porch swing as soon as I get it.
And of course no project in Utah is truly complete until it gets broken in by a little snow! The Lord is giving us a beautiful spring so far so I can't complain about the occasional snow dust. I am looking forward to many more relaxing days on our new deck! Thank you Nathan!
2 comments:
Looks great Nathan! ;D
You're very welcome Cara. This was a good project for me. It's nice to use my power tools every now and then. And the kids were all very helpful.
Post a Comment